Posted on

cannabis growing license

The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) is developing an appellations program for cannabis. Appellations are special names reserved for cannabis:

Cannabis cultivators must have:

Cannabis cultivators have a responsibility to protect the environment and be responsible stewards of the land. That’s why it’s important to understand how your operations may impact the environment.

Pesticide use is enforced by DPR and county agricultural commissioners. Contact your county agricultural commissioner if you have questions about pesticides.

Water permits

All agricultural operations in California are required to get permits and follow rules set by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) and the California Water Boards. These rules help protect water quality and conserve water resources.

CDFW and Water Board rules prevent:

There are different licenses if you:

Use of pesticides

Appellations are used for other products, too. For example, the wine industry uses appellations to tell consumers which region the grapes were grown and wine was made.

If you want to grow cannabis and sell it in California, you will need a cultivation license. The type of cultivation license you need depends on:

Cannabis growing license

  • Applicants must supply a Certificate of Compliance for their business location
  • No individual with ownership interest in the business can be a sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer or prosecuting officer, or an officer or employee of OMMA or a municipality in which the commercial entity is located
  • Applicants must supply ownership disclosure documentation
  • Applicants must provide proof of good standing from the Secretary of State (SOS) and/or their permit from the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC), if applicable, depending on the business type and business structure:

"Processor" or "Commercial Processor" means an individual or entity that has been issued a medical marijuana business license by the Department, which allows the processor to: purchase medical marijuana or medical marijuana products from a grower or processor; process, package, sell, transfer, and transport or contract with a commercial transporter to transport medical marijuana and medical marijuana products that they processed to a licensed dispensary, processor, or testing laboratory in accordance with Oklahoma law and this Chapter; and process medical marijuana received from a licensed patient into a medical marijuana concentrate, for a fee. Processors will receive either a hazardous processor license or a non-hazardous processor license based on the type of chemicals the processor will be utilizing in the extraction process in accordance with these Rules.

Frequently Asked Questions

Proof of Oklahoma residency can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one or more of the following documents:

What is a medical marijuana transportation license?

A medical marijuana dispensary license allows a business to legally sell medical marijuana and medical marijuana products, including mature plants and seedlings. Licensed dispensaries can only sell to patient license holders, caregiver license holders, research license holders, and the parent or legal guardian named on a minor patient’s license. Dispensaries engaging in unlawful sales may be fined, or their licenses may be revoked. Dispensary staff may validate licenses using the OMMA Verify system. Staff may also validate the purchaser’s identity. Dispensary licenses will be in the form of a license certificate. Licensed dispensaries must comply with Title 63 O.S. § 420 et seq. and the Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 310:681.

Mechanical extraction uses pressure, heat or cold to extract cannabinoids instead of using chemicals. Examples include:

Type P manufacturers can only package and label cannabis products.

The Department of Cannabis Control (DCC) issues licenses based on the type of cannabis activity that your business will perform. If you will do more than one activity, you may need more than one license.

Distribution licenses

The cultivation license types are:

The Type 8 license is for laboratories that test cannabis goods prior to sale at a retailer.

Type 13: transport-only distributor

Type 13 distributors can move cannabis and cannabis products between cultivation, manufacturing or distribution premises. Reduced fees are available if you only want to transport the goods you cultivate or manufacture.

Manufacturing license types are based on: