What are the best edibles for migraines? Do edibles help with migraines and headaches? Where can you buy teh best CBD edibles for aches and pain? Read more. Have you heard that CBD could help ease the pain of headaches? Visit Soul CBD to learn more about how to use CBD for those nagging headaches.
The Top 5 Best Edibles for Migraines: What Works
Migraine attacks are not just bad headaches, as many people often mistake them for. They go beyond that and can even last for days.
While pain medications may temporarily improve some of the migraine’s symptoms, most people are concerned about their long term side effects.
Can CBD help? If it can, what are the best edibles for migraines?
According to the Migraine Trust , migraine is the third most common disease in the world, affecting an estimated 14.7% of the global population. That is around one in seven people. Chronic migraine affects 2% of the world’s population.
In America, 16.6% of adults, 18 years and older, reported having a migraine in the three months before this study was conducted.
According to data from the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey , head pain was the 5 th leading cause of emergency department visits, and it accounted for 1.2% of outpatient visits.
It is, therefore, safe to say migraine attacks are fairly common in the US and the world.
Considering the high prevalence of the disease, natural remedies with no or less severe side effects are necessary.
Top of the list is cannabidiol or CBD, one of the 100+ compounds found in the cannabis plant.
But can it help manage migraines?
Can The Best Edibles for Migraines Help?
For those who suffer bouts of this debilitating condition, it may not be easy to start on a new medication or treatment method.
However, most of them are turning to CBD because of its numerous health benefits and the promise of no or minor side effects.
Recent research has shown CBD’s potential as a treatment for various types of pains among them migraines.
A study on the concept of clinical endocannabinoid deficiency (CECD) revealed that migraine has numerous relationships to the endocannabinoid function.
This suggests that cannabis could help reduce migraines by supplementing the body’s endocannabinoids.
Both CBD and marijuana edibles contain cannabinoids that interact with the ECS (endocannabinoid system) to bring about the analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties and the psychoactive effects in the case of THC edibles.
This 2010 study concluded that this activation of the ECS could represent a potential therapeutic treatment for the pain involved in migraine attacks.
Researchers conducting a study between January 2010 and September 2014 involving 121 adults diagnosed with migraine headaches observed that the frequency of migraine headaches decreased with medical marijuana use.
However, most of the research studies available examine the combined effects of THC and CBD. Although the results are promising, studies on the individual compounds are required.
This will help those who prefer CBD edibles to THC edibles because of their ‘high’ understand exactly how it works.
Apart from the pain, CBD may also help other symptoms associated with migraines.
Most of them are prodromal, and using CBD at this point may help stop the episodes from progressing.
The symptoms include but are not limited to; fatigue, nausea, mood changes, and muscle stiffness, or soreness.
These symptoms occur before the aura and the attack phase, where the actual migraine pain occurs.
What to Look for When Shopping for CBD Edibles for Migraines
Buying CBD products for the first time may be confusing. There are a lot of products, and there is never an easy way to tell the good from the bad.
However, not all CBD products are created equal. Here are some of the things you should check for when buying CBD edibles for migraines.
1. Check the THC content
CBD edibles with THC and other cannabinoids may be better because of the ‘entourage effect.’
However, federal law limits the allowable amount of THC at 0.3%.
Also, if you don’t want to experience any mind-altering effect, ensure that your edibles contain less than 0.3% THC.
2. Read the ingredients
Ensure you understand everything used to make the edible to avoid any substance that may cause allergies or other reactions.
3. Check the potency
CBD potency is the amount of CBD present in the edible.
This will help you estimate the appropriate dosage for migraines.
4. Look for lab reports
Most CBD edibles producers will provide lab reports detailing the ingredients used and their amounts.
It is one of the key ways of ensuring the product is of good quality.
Another way to ensure the product is safe and of good quality is buying from reputable CBD sellers such as the Great CBD Shop .
The 5 Best Edibles for Migraines; Our Picks
1. Pinnacle Full-Spectrum Gummies
Pinnacle Hemp is a reputable CBD products manufacturer that has perfected the craft to find formulations that address users’ cannabinoid needs.
They produce a large variety of high-quality products to meet the varying cannabinoid needs of users. Their dedication to delivering targeted relief through their products has helped them become a trusted brand in the hemp market.
Pinnacle Hemp full spectrum gummies are potent edibles that deliver an effective dose of CBD in a flavorful way. The combination of CBD and other minor cannabinoids creates the entourage effect that enhances the effects of cannabinoids for users.
Pinnacle Hemp gummies come in three convenient jars – 200mg jar, 500mg jar, and 1000mg jar. The users experience hemp-derived premium quality CBD with each bite of these gummies.
Pinnacle CBD believes in transparency and wants to share the maximum possible information about its processes and products. All their products come with third-party lab test results to show their ingredients and amounts.
Pinnacle Hemp is committed to making hemp products available to all those who need them. Therefore, they charge highly affordable prices for their products.
2. Barney’s Botanicals Delta 8 THC Full Spectrum Gummies
Barney’s Delta 8 THC Full Spectrum Hemp gummies are full-spectrum edibles that offer a combination of rare cannabinoids in a unique formulation to deliver highly potent effects. Primarily composed of Delta 8 THC, these gummies contain CBD, CBG, and CBN that create the entourage effect enabling users to get a rich cannabinoid experience.
Barney’s Botanicals tries to go above and beyond to offer unique combinations of cannabinoids and terpenes. The focus on sourcing quality ingredients allows them to keep the quality of their products to the highest level.
Barney’s Botanicals uses some of the best hemp extracts and infuses them into delicious mouthwatering flavors to offer a final product that creates a full spectrum cannabinoid entourage effect.
These gummies come with third-party lab results to show ingredients and their concentrations in the final product. It ensures they maintain the highest product quality.
These gummies by Barney’s Botanicals allow users to enjoy highly effective in relieving pains caused by migraines.
3. Blue Moon Hemp CBD Gummies with Melatonin
If you are suffering from debilitating migraines, this may be the product for you. These edibles are produced by Blue Moon Hemp, who won ‘Best Hemp Company’ at the 2019 Cannabis Business Awards.
It comes in five different strengths and sizes. 1oz 75mg, 1oz 50mg, 2oz 150 mg, 2oz 100mg and 2oz 250mg. which means there is strength available for your level of pain.
It is also available with and without melatonin.
People suffering from migraines are between 2 and 8 times more likely to suffer from sleep disorders, according to data from the American Migraine Foundation.
If you are already having trouble sleeping, you can pick this edible with the melatonin option from the Great CBD Shop online store.
These CBD gummies are made from CBD isolates and contain 0% THC, so don’t worry about getting high or something showing up in a drug test.
Other ingredients include natural cherry, orange and apple extracts, citric acid, water, isomalt, and melatonin.
4. Swiss Relief Gummies
Going at a discounted price of $12.65 at the Great CBD Shop, these gummies will not only provide relief from your migraine headaches, but they will also boost your diet by providing much-needed vitamins.
These gummies are easy to add to your routine as they are discreet and tasty. Not all remedies should be unpalatable. They are also pre-sized to make dosage and administration easier.
They come in a 2oz size with 250 mg CBD potency.
The CBD is sourced from organic, non-GMO Hemp. They are gluten-free, vegan, and THC free. Pick one bottle at Great CBD to enjoy relief from your headaches.
5. Green Roads CBD Oil
This edible CBD oil is produced by one of the top companies in the CBD industry, Green Roads CBD.
It is sourced from American farmed hemp and formulated by their in-house team of pharmacists to ensure maximum relief.
This oil is available in a variety of strengths, from 550mg to 1500mg. You can purchase it on the Great CBD Shop at between $12.65 – $96.60.
The product’s independent lab reports are also available on the site.
6. CBDFX CBD Hemp Strips Fresh Mint
If you are looking for an edible more discreet than gummies, then this might be it.
These fresh mint strips from CBDFX are sublingual and easily dissolvable, you just need to put one under your tongue and go about your business.
CBDFX CBD hemp strips will provide faster relief as they are absorbed into the bloodstream sublingually, so the CBD is not subjected to digestion and the ‘first-pass effect.’
The strips also contain mint, a substance thought to improve brain function and alertness, although more research is needed on this matter.
Each strip contains 15 mg CBD. It is recommended that you take them in 24 hours intervals.
The fresh mint strips go for between $4.03 to $8.05 on the Great CBD Shop website.
7. CBDFX CBD Gel Capsules 25 MG
Capsules are the most convenient method of taking CBD. They are faster, there is no taste, and they contain a definite dosage, so you do not have to worry about taking too much or too little.
These CBDFX capsules for migraine relief come in a 30 capsule bottle or an eight capsule sachet depending on your need and budget. Each capsule contains 25 mg CBD.
The 8 capsule sachet is available for $11.50 and the 30 capsule bottle for $34.50 at the Great CBD Shop website.
Take Away: Best CBD Edibles for Migraines
Migraines are among the most common conditions in America.
While they are treatable, most of the conventional medications cause severe side effects and may be addictive when used over time. This is where CBD edibles come in.
While CBD is not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment of migraines, research and anecdotal evidence suggest that it is a potent analgesic that may help manage the pain and some of the other symptoms.
Ensure you consult your doctor if you wish to use CBD, and you are already on other medications.
If you have any questions regarding how our CBD edibles can help you, feel free to contact us.
How to Use CBD for Headaches
Few everyday ailments feel as debilitating as a particularly hard-hitting headache. These frustrating little intruders have the power to put you in a state of all-out discomfort and misery, affecting your ability to see, think and get things done on a day-to-day basis. For this reason, those of us who suffer from chronic headaches tend to be on a constant quest for remedies that actually work. Indeed, finding the right solution — whether it is taking your daily serving of CBD drops or cutting back on the caffeine — could be truly life-changing.
The Rise of CBD for Pain
If you’ve been paying attention, you already know that cannabidiol (CBD) is quickly emerging on the scene as an untapped resource for supporting everything from quality sleep to post-workout muscle recovery. But studies have shown that it also has the unique ability to lessen feelings of pain and discomfort? And headaches are just the tip of the iceberg. Many people rely on this mighty little compound to help with joint pain, inflammation, muscle soreness and more.
So, how does CBD help with pain, exactly? To put it simply, CBD works within the body’s endocannabinoid system, a complex biological network that helps us regulate sleep, hunger, pain and discomfort. This system is made up of receptors, enzymes and endocannabinoids. When it comes to pain, we’re particularly interested in two key receptors — the C1 and C2 receptors. CB1 receptors regulate signals sent to our brains, while CB2 receptors are key regulators of inflammation that help modulate pain.
Scientists believe that CBD has an impact on feelings of pain and inflammation because it serves as an antagonist to the body’s CB2 receptors, effectively blocking them. In other words, it’s believed that CBD can help the body manage pain and discomfort because it blocks those key signals from being sent throughout the body. This is why you might feel more comfortable and relaxed after taking a few drops or gummies.
Does CBD Help with Headaches and Migraines?
We know that CBD can support the ongoing quest for pain relief, but does that apply to headaches? People who suffer from chronic or intense headaches know they’re among the toughest ailments to kick to the curb, in part because there are so many things that can cause them to begin with. Is it dehydration, stress, external stimuli or something more serious? When you can’t pin down the cause of your headache, it helps to turn to remedies that broadly address pain and inflammation.
Both anecdotal and scientific evidence suggests that CBD can help treat migraines and headaches. Because of the many years of cannabis prohibition, we’re still in the early stages of research on this topic. With that said, reputable medical journals such as Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, put out by the American Headache Society, have acknowledged and contributed to the growing body of support for CBD in treating headaches and migraines. There is also a fair amount of evidence out there showing that CBD can help with the management of chronic pain as a whole.
How to Use CBD to Ease the Pain of Headaches
With this in mind, it’s important that you know exactly how to use CBD for headaches. There are so many different products on the market. Figuring out what to take, when to take it and how much of it to take can be downright confusing. With that said, understanding how to take CBD properly for your specific condition — in this case, headaches or migraines — can help ensure that you get the most from each serving.
- Take the Right Product — While CBD alone is a powerful way to combat pain and discomfort, you might consider taking a CBD product that’s formulated with other natural pain-fighting ingredients. For example, our CBD Relief Capsules are formulated with white willow bark extract, bromelain, turmeric extract and other ingredients that help with pain regulation. Willow bark has been called “nature’s aspirin” because it contains salicin, a compound similar to aspirin. Bromelain is a natural enzyme derived from the pineapple, which has known analgesic properties, while turmeric has been proven to have as much pain-reducing power as ibuprofen .
- Take CBD Daily — In addition to helping halt pain signals from reaching your brain, CBD also has the ability to boost your body’s production of its own endocannabinoids — the natural molecules your body produces to signal pain. This suggests that not only should you take CBD when you start to feel pain coming on, but that you should integrate it into your daily routine to help encourage your body to naturally ward off pain and inflammation before it starts.
- Take CBD When You Feel the Pain Coming On — One of the worst things about headaches is that they’re impossible to predict. But you can use CBD as a tool for unexpected pain management. If you feel a headache coming on as a result of a particularly stressful week, too much time spent staring at the screen or a night of drinking, you can take CBD as needed to support your body’s ability to manage the pain. Keep CBD travel packs with you in your luggage, car or desk drawer at work so you can immediately address headaches that occur out of the blue.
- Choose a Format that Works for You — CBD comes in a wide variety of formats, including gummies, drops, capsules and topical creams and lotions. Be sure to choose the style that’s easiest for you to stick with. For example, many people find it easier to take a CBD gummy or two daily as well as when they feel the pain coming on. Taking a gummy or drops can be more pleasant and more convenient because it doesn’t require you to go find a glass of water.
- Get the Serving Right — Serving sizes can have a huge impact on whether or not you’re successful in using CBD to address certain ailments. The key is finding that sweet spot where you enjoy the desired effects. But here’s the thing: Every person is different, and variables such as weight, tolerance and genetics can impact how your body handles CBD. Read our guide to CBD serving sizes for insight on how much CBD to take, depending on a variety of factors.
- Choose a Pure Isolate Product — When using CBD to address pain, make sure to always choose a product labeled “CBD isolate” rather than “full-spectrum” or “broad-spectrum” CBD. The isolate label indicates that the CBD product has no trace of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the hemp-derived compound that provides the psychoactive effect or “high” feeling we often associate with cannabis. While there is evidence to suggest that THC is also helpful for managing pain, it is not the best choice for people who want relief without the mind-altering effect.
- Read the Ingredients List — Not all CBD products are made with high-quality safe ingredients, so make sure you always read the label and choose products that are third-party tested. Note that certain CBD products may contain ingredients that are known to trigger migraines and headaches, including toxins like pesticides and mold. This is especially true with regard to CBD edibles, such as gummies or candies, so it’s always important to look for 3rd party testing.
Integrating CBD into Broader Self-Care
Here at Soul CBD, we recognize that CBD is a powerful tool in the ongoing quest for feeling great. We also believe that it should be only one piece of the puzzle. Integrating CBD into your daily routine can contribute to quality self-care and can help you manage symptoms. But if you find that regular headaches are holding you back from living your daily life — preventing you from working, spending time with friends or even enjoying your downtime — then you likely need to make a larger lifestyle change.
Here are some ways to ensure that your headaches don’t turn from moderately frustrating to downright debilitating.
- See Your Physician — While the occasional one-off headache is more than likely no big deal, the World Health Organization warns that recurrent headaches may be associated with a headache disorder or something more serious. If you suffer from chronic headaches, it’s crucial that you speak to your physician to rule out any potentially serious causes. Taking into account a physical exam as well as any other signs or symptoms, your doctor may be able to connect your headaches to a specific cause, which can make treatment easier.
- Drink Enough Water — You already know that dehydration can take a huge toll on your general wellness. If you don’t get enough water, your body simply won’t have the tools it needs to produce enough energy, regulate your mood and support your body’s core functions. Without enough H2O, you’ll also be a lot more prone to recurring headaches. The brain needs water to thrive. When you don’t get enough, it can shrink, pulling away from the skull and signaling pain receptors.
- Avoid Headache Triggers — No two people are alike, and all have their own sets of sensitives, but there are some triggers many headache sufferers share in common. For example, alcohol is a common trigger because not only does it cause dehydration, but it also releases inflammatory properties throughout the body, causing pain. Other things that can cause or exacerbate headaches include:
- Poor diet
- Hormonal changes
- Loud noises
- Bright lights
- Certain smells
- Lack of sleep
- Weather changes
Finding the Right CBD Products
When using CBD to treat headaches, the best thing you can do is partner with a supplier that focuses on quality and safety above all else. Soul CBD is your source for the best CBD products because we use organically farmed, all-natural CBD that’s third-party-lab tested to ensure safety and effectiveness. On top of that, our products are always made of CBD isolate and contain zero THC. They’re also gluten-free, to help ensure that you don’t unknowingly take something that could cause or worsen your headache.
So, which Soul CBD products are best for keeping in your anti-headache arsenal? While many of our products will do the trick, our CBD Relief Capsules are an easy, controlled way to get the right dosage at the right time. Not a big fan of pills? No stress. We’ve also got powerful and effective CBD Oil Drops and CBD Gummies to help you get relief in the way that makes the most sense for you. Ready to try it out? Explore all of our premium CBD products to find a formula that feels right for you.