Buy high-quality CBD for pets in India. CBD can cure pain, anxiety, stress, inflammation, and sleeplessness in dogs, cats, and other pets. Relax CBD oil for dogs and cats from Pawsindia Organics is one of the best CBD oils for dogs. Whether it be arthritis pain or separation anxiety, this is the perfect oil for your furry friend. Broad-spectrum CBD also contains several cannabis plant compounds, but it is typically entirely free of THC.
CBD for Pets | How to Use and Where to Buy in India?
The recent development in the world of CBD is its use in the form of therapeutic products for pets. CBD, in the form of oil, is trending among humans as an all-natural treatment for many chronic and severe medical conditions.
Since animals have a largely similar body system to humans, it is being theorized that CBD can have the same effects on dogs, cats, and other pets as it does on humans. In this article, we explore how exactly do pets benefit from CBD, which conditions it can help treat, and where to buy CBD products for pets in India.
What is CBD?
Short for cannabidiol, CBD is a chemical compound present in the cannabis plant. It comes from the flowers and buds of the cannabis plant and has immense therapeutic value for the human body.
CBD does not produce the high associated with cannabis and instead helps in providing relief from medical conditions such as pain, stress, anxiety, inflammation, etc.
CBD is now gaining popularity as an all-natural treatment for pets as well. An increasing number of pet owners are exploring the potential of CBD in relieving the symptoms of multiple medical ailments in their pets.
How does CBD help pets?
From our interest in how CBD does wonders for our body, we learnt about the Endocannabinoid System. The ECS is a biological system in the human body that plays an imperative role in regulating multiple physiological cognitive processes. Some of these are mood, appetite, memory, fertility, pregnancy, etc.
The human body produces cannabinoids that help keep the communication in the ECS flow. Certain types of cannabinoids are also found in cannabis and its sister plants. CBD is one such cannabinoid and in the human body, it interacts with the ECS and provides relief from a plethora of ailments.
Similar to humans, animals too have an endocannabinoid system that affects their whole body. Research suggests that CBD can react with the ECS of the animals the same way it does with humans and therefore provide relief from pain, stress, inflammation, anxiety, etc.
That is to say, our pets can benefit from CBD the same way we do. While you can give the average CBD products to your pet, you also have the option to buy specific CBD products for pets in India.
Which conditions can CBD help pets with?
Because all mammals—including cats and dogs—have a body system similar to humans, research suggests that they are most likely to experience the same effects of CBD.
By reacting with their endocannabinoid system, CBD can help ease medical conditions such as:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Moderate to Severe Pain
- Arthritis and Joint Pain
- Chronic Inflammation
- Indigestion and Gastric Infections
Can CBD intoxicate my pet?
The cannabinoid that causes intoxicating effects is THC. CBD derived from hemp contains trace amounts of THC which cause no psychoactive behaviour. CBD Isolates are pure extracts that contain only and only CBD and don’t cause such effects either.
Since cannabinoids from the cannabis plant act on animal bodies, the same way as humans, moderate to high amounts of THC is likely to cause subsequent intoxicating effects in your pets.
If you want to avoid this risk, stick to extracts that are CBD isolates or contain less than 0.03% of THC.
Types of CBD products for pets
Getting your pet to take medicine is challenging. And we say that from experience. CBD products designed specifically for pets solve this issue by providing a relatively easier way to administer CBD for your pet.
The following are some ways in which you can give CBD to your pets in India right now.
Liquid CBD Products for Pets
Most pet owners prefer the traditional way of taking CBD because it’s most efficient and direct. To administer CBD in the form of a liquid, you can try any or all of the following options:
- Simply measure the liquid CBD oil or drops onto a spoon and have your pet lick it right out of the spoon. This is more or less similar to how you serve them peanut butter.
- The second option is to dip few treats into CBD oil and then feed them to your pet.
- The last option is to mix the CBD drops directly into your pet’s food similar to how we add tablets of capsules.
Drops are the most popular CBD product for pets in India right now. Pet owners prefer to have their furry buddies directly consume CBD drops since it’s the most effective.
CBD Treats for Pets
If you want the simplest way of administering dosage for your pet, ready-made CBD treats are your answer. Animals are often motivated and excited by treats, using a pet treat made with CBD oil is the easiest and most direct way of giving CBD to your pet.
Another option is to feed them CBD capsules like any other medicine. Simply crush the capsule and mix it thoroughly in their food. While this method is also fairly simple, CBD in the form of edibles takes longer to show effect and won’t provide instant relief to your pet.
If the cause of your pet’s worry is inflammation, itchiness, or mild muscle pain, you can also opt for CBD topicals. Just rub a bit of the cream or ointment onto the affected area. Regular use will provide relief.
How much CBD is right for my pet?
Because the effects of CBD on canines are less-documented, the best way is to start with a small dosage and gradually settle into the amount that most suits your pet. CBD products that are specifically made for pets help you through the process of dosage administration on the labels.
There are three major factors that affect the dosage of CBD for dogs and cats:
- Potency: Potency refers to the amount or strength of CBD that is present in a product. The total amount of CBD in a product can help determine the approximate value of CBD in each serving. For instance, if you have a 30ml bottle of 3000mg with 1ml as the base serving size, then each serving will have 3000/30=100mg of CBD. This information helps you determine how many servings to give to your pet and how many times during the day to administer them.
- Your Pet’s Weight and Size: Just like the bodyweight of humans, the bodyweight of cats and dogs influences the effect of CBD. The amount of fat present in the body affects the absorption rate of CBD. According to this theory, pets with more body weight should absorb more CBD. The fats cells in the body store CBD and eliminate it gradually through the urine of the feces. Therefore, theoretically, pets with more body fat should experience the effects of CBD for a longer period of time.
- The Medical Condition Being Targetted: Depending on the severity of the condition of your pet, you may need to use CBD persistently over a long period of time to see considerable effects.
Calculating CBD Dosage for Pets
The first step to calculate the approximate amount of CBD your dog or cat should have based on his/her weight. A safe rule of thumb here is 0.2mg of CBD per pound. So, if your dog or cat weight 25pounds (or 11kg), they’ll need 5mg of CBD.
Because of the variations, it is difficult to picture what actual dosing guidelines look like. More often than not, companies specify the suggested serving size of CBD on the product label according to the weight of the pet.
For example, in these CBD drops for pets by Hemp Heros, the suggested serving size has been mentioned on the label.
The product is 20ml of 500mg CBD. With 1ml base serving size, each serving will have 500/20=25ml of CBD.
For a dog or cat of under 20 pounds, the ideal dosage is 4 drops two times a day. For an animal weighing between 20 and 70 pounds, it’s 4-8 drops, and for 70+ pounds, it’s 8 to 14 drops twice a day.
A serving guide similar to this should accompany every CBD pet product that you buy. This is important because quantities and serving procedure varies with companies.
Just like humans, every pet will respond differently to CBD. The best advice we can give you is to start low and slow—with the minimum possible dosage, patiently observing your pet’s response. You can always talk to your veterinarian about CBD to get a clearer idea of how to introduce CBD to your pet.
What to consider while buying CBD for pets?
To identify good CBD products for your pets in India, focus on the following criteria:
- Source: High-quality CBD oils come from hemp that grows organically without any toxins or pesticides.
- Concentration: The high cost of CBD products often leads some companies to sell counterfeit, dilute oils to drive the price down. Ideally, 15mg of CBD per ml is as low as the concentration should go.
- Processing: Extraction using carbon dioxide and cold-press extraction are the safer methods of extracting THC from hemp. Some companies, however, may use cheap methods with potentially toxic solvents that can affect the quality of the extract.
- Amount of THC: Typically, CBD that comes from hemp naturally contains less than 0.03% of THC. You should, however, check the label carefully. The safest CBD product for your pet should either have no or less than 0.03% THC.
- Additional Ingredients: Most CBD products for pets have an added flavour to make consumption easier. While these ingredients are pet-safe, it’s always good to check in case your pet may be allergic to them.
If you’re using a CBD product that is not labelled for pets, then you need to be more careful in ensuring there are no other oils, sweeteners, or herbs, etc. that may not suit your pet.
Possible Side-effects of CBD for Pets
While there is no scientific data documenting the good and side-effects of CBD in dogs, cats, and other animals, there are some potential side-effects of on the basis of how CBD affects humans.
However, if you follow the proper dosage, the risk of side effects will be minimised.
- Dry Mouth: CBD can decrease the production of saliva in the body which may lead to dry mouth. In pets, especially dogs, this can manifest an increased thirst.
- Indigestion: CBD loosens up the gut. Therefore, increased defecation and diarrhoea are common side-effects of CBD.
- Drowsiness: The calming effect of CBD can lead to some nausea and drowsiness, especially in higher dosages. These should not be confused with the intoxicating effects of THC.
- Lowered Blood Pressure: High dosages of CBD can cause a temporary drop in blood pressure. It may, in this case, bring a brief feeling of light-headedness. This again should be confused with the intoxicating effects of THC.
Advantages of pet-specific CBD Products
While normal CBD products can easily be used for pets, given they have no harmful additional ingredients, pet-specific CBD products offer a plethora of advantages.
- Suitable Cannabinoid Concentration: The serving size of CBD in pet-specific CBD products are adjusted to account for a pet’s size and weight. Because nearly all pets are significantly smaller than humans, not as much CBD is required to effectively stimulate the ECS.
- Safe Delivery Methods: It’s not easy to get your pet to eat a medicine. Pet-specific CBD products are easy to administer in that they either come in eatable treats or easily-pourable liquid that can easily be added to your pet’s food.
- Formulated Pet Flavours: There are a lot of good things about CBD but it’s overbearing smell and flavour are not among them. Pet-specific CBD products come with pet-popular flavours such as bacon, chicken jerkey, salmon, and peanut butter, and are thus easy to administer to your pets.
Buy CBD products for pets in India?
The easiest and most convenient way to buy CBD for pets in India is through dedicated online platforms. CBD as a product is not yet available in retail and medical stores and so, ordering them online on authentic, verified platforms is the way forward.
ItsHemp curates high-quality, lab-tested, and authentic CBD products to pets from Indian and global brands. Browse through our extensive list of CBD products for pets and choose the one that suits your little buddy the most.
Pawsindia Organics – Relax Broad Spectrum CBD oil for Pets 1000 mg (10ml)
Relax CBD Oil for Dogs and Cats uses 100% pure broad-spectrum CBD Oil with MCT Oil to relieve your pets of the pain and develop a calmer demeanour throughout. What’s more, is that Relax comes with a delicious chicken flavouring which your pets know and love. RELAX CBD OIL for dogs and cats is made in the UK and thoroughly lab tested before bringing it out to your pets. We invite you to try PawsIndia Organics’ Relax CBD Oil for pets and enhance your pets holistic growth.
It uses Broad-spectrum CBD that contains all the compounds as full-spectrum CBD, and Zero THC. THC is the compound known to produce euphoria/high upon consumption. The MCT oil in Relax CBD Oil acts as an effective carrier to CBD Oil and helps speed up the digestion process, resulting in greater and faster absorption of CBD into the pet’s body.
- For Noise, Travel, or Expected situations of Anxiety: Administer before a triggering event. Wait 15-20 minutes and if your pet is still anxious, administer another dose until you see desired results.
- For General Anxiety: Administer a daily dose. If you don’t notice a difference within 1-2 weeks, increase their daily dose.
- For Joint Problems: Relax CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory that doesn’t carry the same risk of side effects as drugs. Relax CBD helps tackle even major joint problems such as: Arthritis, Hip and elbow dysplasia, Sprains and strains, Torn ligaments (CCL) and much more.
- For Cancer Treatment: CBD has been extensively researched as a cancer-fighting substance. In some cases, it’s found to kill cancer cells and stimulate the immune system. Relax CBD Oil also helps with nausea associated with many cancer treatments.
- For Seizures and Epilepsy: Relax CBD reduces the frequency and severity of seizures.
- For Pain: From nerve pain to arthritis, it provides relief without the harmful side effects of pain medications.
- For Allergies and Skin Infections: Relax CBD can help relieve dry and itchy skin on topical application.
Benefits for pets:
- Effective painkiller : When used consistently, CBD oil can reduce pain and help in treating chronic diseases effectively.
- Anti-inflammatory : Due to its medicinal properties, CBD also acts as an anti-inflammatory oil. It enhances the immune system’s response to a variety of physiological issues.
- Reduces anxiety : Just like us, our pets also face bouts of anxiety. Thunderstorms, separation, or car anxiety can have a grave impact on their health. Vet-prescribed oral usage of CBD can eventually calm them down.
- Healthy skin and coat : The topical application of CBD oil as per your pet’s health requirements has shown promising results against lack of nutrition, skin allergies or ticks improving the fur texture.
- Aids bone and joint health : Our pets have to face their greatest nemesis, arthritic pain with growing age. CBD oil is equally potent when it comes to treating senior pets inflicted with arthritis.
- Reduce Inflammation : CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory that doesn’t carry the same risk of side effects as drugs. It binds CB1 receptors that stimulate the immune system to reduce inflammation. CB1 receptors also change the way the brain responds to pain. This helps reduce inflammation even more and reduce the pain associated with it.
- Reduction in seizures and convulsions : Vets treat epilepsy and seizures with antiepileptic drugs. But these drugs are extremely harmful to your dog’s organs and they don’t always work where CBD has shown tremendous results.
- Immune system support : CBD can stimulate the immune system to produce cancer killer cells and provide support to the immune system.
Also, it has been shown to provide:
+ Nervous system support
+ Cardiovascular system support
+ Gastrointestinal support, and much more.
- TOPICAL: For topical use, it can be applied topically on your pet’s coat or the affected area at night time as per the recommended dosage by your veterinarian.
- ORAL: For oral usage, it can be given directly or mixed with tasty food or treats to ensure that it is consumed by your pet. This approach is the most effective and efficient since the oil is absorbed straight into your pet’s bloodstream.
- Upto 11 kgs – 2 drops (1-2 times a day)
- 11 – 23 kgs – 4 drops (1-2 times a day)
- 23 – 34 kgs – 6 drops (1-2 times a day)
- Over 34 kgs – 8+ drops (1-2 times a day)
CBD or cannabidiol is a naturally occurring composite obtained from the hemp variant of the cannabis plant. CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system in the body of the animal. The Endocannabinoid system is just another body system like the immune system or the nervous system. It plays a vital role in regulating key physiological processes of the body such as sleep, pain response, appetite, and mood and to ensure homeostasis, i.e. the optimal function of and steady equilibrium among our internal processes.
Broad-spectrum CBD is the whole plant minus THC. Broad-spectrum CBD contains all the full-spectrum CBD Oil elements except for the THC. THC is the compound that is known to produce the feeling of euphoria/high upon consumption. Therefore, Broad Spectrum CBD Oil is a better choice for pets.
Relax CBD Oil is completely safe for pet use. Experts and vets make it in the UK and are thoroughly lab tested before packaging. Giving CBD oil to your pets will not cause them any long-term health problems. We advise you to consult a veterinarian before administering pet any CBD products.
Relax CBD Oil can be used in young pets who may need help to stay calm during training exercises. It is not intended for preventative means. Any aged pets can use this oil on proper prescription.
It can take 20 minutes to an hour depending on the size of your pet. When giving CBD to your dog, it is always a good idea to start with a small serving and work your way up to a higher serving slowly. Individual results may vary.
No, Relax CBD Oil is formulated by experts who work to protect your pet’s welfare. THC is a compound that is known to produce the feeling of euphoria/high on the consumption of marijuana. This compound is absent in the hemp variant of the cannabis plant. Even if there is any amount, then it is completely negligible to cause any intoxication or harm to your pet.
The following dosage is based on the recommendation of experts and vets who helped manufacture the Relax CBD Oil. We advise you to get a proper prescription from your vet for the required dosage according to your pet’s needs.
- Upto 11 kgs – 2 drops (1-2 times a day)
- 11 – 23 kgs – 4 drops (1-2 times a day)
- 23 – 34 kgs – 6 drops (1-2 times a day)
- Over 34 kgs – 8+ drops (1-2 times a day)
You can apply our products topically or orally depending on what products you and your dog prefer. Our packaging will also include instructions for application.
While there’s no scientific data on the side effects of CBD usage for dogs, there are potential side effects based on how CBD affects humans. Follow the proper dosage and you reduce the risks of any side effects.