Want to pack a greater punch to your morning beverage? Try mixing CBD oil in your coffee. Hemplucid has collected two recipes you can make at home. CBD coffee is a popular trend right now. Learn the benefits of it and find out some tasty CBD latte recipes here. The therapeutic properties of hojicha and CBD combine to create the ultimate latte that relaxes your body and mind.
How to Make a CBD Cold Brew and Latte
What better way to fuel your endocannabinoid system (ECS) than by sipping your morning cup of coffee with a boost of CBD?
What better way to fuel your endocannabinoid system (ECS) than by sipping your morning cup of coffee with a boost of CBD? Adding CBD into your morning beverage is a simple, easy, and popular way to consume the supplement. If this is your fancy, there are a few vital things to keep in mind to ensure you’re not missing out on the full benefits of CBD. Here are all the details on adding CBD oil to hot drinks including instructions for making a tasty CBD cold brew and iced chocolate latte.
Making Your Own CBD Coffee Beverage—Important Things to Note
You might have seen local cafes in your neighborhood starting to offer CBD coffee and lattes, but why not make them in the comfort of your own home? You’ll save a few bucks, plus, since you probably understand your body and how it reacts to CBD better than anyone else, you’ll have full control over the amount of CBD you add to your daily brew.
If you’re new to the CBD journey, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Not all CBD is the same: While browsing for CBD oil, be sure to conduct thorough research. The time you invest in research can make a huge difference in finding high-quality CBD oil that’s good for your body. High quality means the supplement comes from safe cultivation and extraction methods, and it’s tested for potency and purity in a third-party lab.
- Start small: Just because your friend takes X amount of CBD droplets doesn’t mean you should too. Everyone’s bodies are different and respond uniquely to cannabinoids. So start small with just a few drops. Give your body time to adjust to the supplement and then gradually increase until you find an amount that works best for you..
When it comes to CBD and coffee, don’t heat your CBD. We don’t recommend adding CBD to hot drinks or foods. When CBD heats up, it begins to evaporate, losing its benefits as the compounds break down. Not to mention, it may make your CBD oil taste extra bitter.
Therefore, we advise adding CBD to cool/iced coffee drinks instead. Try these two recipes we’ve rounded up and give your endocannabinoid system the true awakening it deserves.
CBD Cold Brew Recipe
If you like to keep things simple, this CBD cold brew recipe might just be the right beverage for you. And we get it, when you’re rushing to get to work, the last thing you want is extra step to your morning routine. The great thing about cold brew is that you can prepare large batches that can last for days. All you need to do is simply pour it in a cup, add your drops of CBD oil, and you’re good to go.
The following cold brew coffee recipe creates two quarts (or eight cups).
- 8 ounces of whole coffee beans
- 8 cups of filtered water
- Half a cup of cold water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Desired amount of CBD oil (we recommend our Full-Spectrum CBD Water Soluble)
- Coffee grinder
- 2 large airtight jars (mason jars will do)
- 1 large measuring cup
- Fine mesh strainer
- Grind your 8 ounces of whole coffee beans in your grinder until coarse or the size of raw sugar. The coffee grinder won’t be able to hold the full 8 ounces of beans, so you’ll have to grind them in batches.
- Pour the ground coffee into your jar and the 8 cups of filtered water into it.
- Stir the coffee and water together gently until they’re blended. You’ll notice some of the coffee grinds floating to the top; this is fine. You just need to make sure the coffee and water are sufficiently mixed together.
- Put the top on the jar and refrigerate the mixture for 24 hours.
- After refrigerating it, line a mesh strainer with a cheesecloth over a large measuring cup (the cheesecloth should go over the strainer). Slowly pour the coffee blend through the strainer and cheesecloth.
- After straining all the coffee, pour the blend into an airtight jar for storing. Cover the jar and refrigerate.
- When you want to drink your cold brew, fill a glass with 1 cup of ice cubes, add your desired amount of CBD oil, and pour in the cold brew. Stir well, and feel free to add any sugar/creamer to your liking.
Though you can refrigerate and enjoy your cold brew for up to two weeks, we recommend enjoying it for one week, as the quality/flavor will start to degrade after that.
CBD Iced Chocolate Latte Recipe
If you’re looking to take things up a notch, try this rich and delicious CBD iced chocolate latte recipe. It does involve heating contents in a saucepan so take caution and be sure you let your latte fully cool before adding in your CBD oil. This recipe creates one serving.
- 1 cup milk (or substitute)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Desired amount of CBD oil (we recommend our Full-Spectrum CBD Water Soluble)
- To add some other flavors try ground cinnamon, cayenne, or cardamom.
- 1 medium-sized saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon for stirring
- 1 mug
- 1 cup of ice
- Pour your milk, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and sea salt into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Using your wooden spoon, stir the mixture over medium heat until the contents get to a boil.
- Pour the heated mixture into a mug over 1 cup of ice and let the latte mix cool down.
- Add in your desired amount of CBD oil and your optional ground cinnamon, cardamom, or cayenne, and stir. Serve and enjoy!
Stay Educated and Grow With Hemplucid
The CBD industry is growing and becoming more commonplace in our lives, from our coffee to our soaps and even our bath bombs. And as exciting as this is, it’s important to always be cautious and picky about your CBD. You should never have to compromise what you put into your body, so be sure to stay educated.
Here at Hemplucid, we thrive on educating and remaining transparent about our CBD products. If you’re looking for a place to expand your CBD knowledge, start by checking out our Full-Spectrum CBD products and read up on our vision and strategy.
Jason Croxford Aug 11, 2020 Tags: Nutrition
About The Author
With 15 years of marketing experience under his belt, Jason is clearly a powerhouse. Lately, he’s turned that energy toward holistic health and biohacking to maximize his health and lengthen his lifespan. Jason is breathwork-certified and is working towards his 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training cert.
Amazing Tips for Making the Best CBD-Infused Coffee Latte
While you can buy CBD-infused coffee online, brewing it is no fun compared to making your own. All you need is your favorite coffee beans or grounds, a good Mint Chocolate CBD tincture, and a few other basic ingredients. This guide runs through three of the best CBD coffee latte recipes, and offers tips on how to put your own personal twists on our favorite brews.
Why CBD-Infused Coffee?
Infusing CBD into coffee has become a hot trend (catch the pun?), with cafes and coffee shops in many parts of the country existing solely to produce CBD-infused delights.
It may seem strange to put CBD oil in coffee, but there’s actually a method to the madness. First, a potent brew can mask the taste of CBD oil, which some users find unpleasant. Secondly, with 64% of American adults consuming coffee every day, adding CBD to your morning java can make it incredibly easy to get into a routine.
Effects of a Proper CBD Coffee Latte
For many users, CBD in coffee can actually take the edge off of caffeine jitters. Whether this is a placebo or a genuine effect is uncertain since no scientific studies exist to date, but anecdotal reports do suggest that those who get anxious after drinking coffee, could benefit from a CBD-infused batch.
Of course, in order to make your own decision, it’s always best to try it yourself. Tasting it is the only way to truly find out if a CBD coffee latte is for you. If you do want to give it a shot (another pun!), find out below how to make the best CBD-infused coffee latte you’ll ever taste.
How to Make a CBD Coffee Latte
Since cannabinoids are hydrophobic, you can’t add CBD to a black coffee – the oil will inevitably float to the top. However, lattes work great due to the abundance of fats in the steamed cream. Below are three recipes to get you started (let us know in the comments which one is your favorite).
CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte
This fall favorite will spice up your life, no doubt. It’s a seasonal go-to, but of course can be enjoyed any time of year.
- 2 cups milk (can substitute soy/oat)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg)
- ½ cup coffee grounds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Premium Jane Natural CBD Oil
- Brown sugar, to taste
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the milk, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar. Whisk it together until the puree and sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking for about 3-5 minutes, constantly stirring, so it doesn’t boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and CBD oil. Try not to add too much oil, but calculate how much you need.
- Whisk in the coffee grounds until the mixture becomes frothy, then heat for another minute until hot.
- Finally, divide between mugs and top with whipped cream and nutmeg.
CBD Chocolate Latte
This mocha-style chocolate latte is perfect for anyone who needs a comforting hug in a mug. It’s also ideal for those with a sweet tooth, thanks to the delicious taste of chocolate CBD oil.
- 2 cups coffee, brewed
- 1 cup milk (can substitute plant-based alternative)
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Premium Jane Chocolate CBD Tincture
- Brew the coffee beforehand, then add to a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add all of the other ingredients, except the syrup, then whisk together until well-combined. Finally, add the syrup and allow to dissolve.
- Heat for around five minutes while stirring until it reaches the desired temperature.
CBD Mint Mocha Latte
This refreshing latte has a holiday twist. It pairs perfectly with our mint CBD oil; if you’re feeling extra festive, top with crushed candy canes.
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 drop spearmint oil
- 1 cup coffee, already brewed
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- Premium Jane Mint CBD Oil
- ½ teaspoon spirulina powder (optional)
- Brew the cup of coffee beforehand.
- Add the brewed coffee to a pot on the stove over medium-low heat. Add in the other ingredients, saving the chocolate syrup until last. Leave out the milk. Whisk continuously to dissolve them all.
- Use a milk frother to whip the milk to a frothy consistency. Slowly pour this into the mixture, leaving some aside.
- Divide the latte between mugs, then top the remaining milk froth. Optionally, add crushed candy cane on top.
Summary On The Best CBD Coffee Latte Recipes
A tasty coffee with steamed milk will always go down as a treat. In particular, the above CBD latte recipes will have you rethinking your approach to CBD altogether. The rich fats in the cream are a perfect medium for the cannabidiol to dissolve in, and the CBD may even work to reduce caffeine-induced jitters!
Of course, if you have any addittional tips or techniques to point out, be sure to share them in the comments section below!
CBD Infused Hojicha Latte
Hojicha is a roasted green tea from Kyoto, Japan. Since it is roasted, hojicha is naturally decaffeinated making it convenient to sip on day or night. The roasting process also removes any bitterness and gives hojicha its signature earthy aroma and reddish-brown color. Hojicha contains L-Theanine and pyrazines, which calm the body.
What is CBD Oil
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is a compound produced by the hemp and the cannabis plants. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is non-psychoactive. CBD is often taken to treat sleep and mood disorders, reduce anxiety, or as an anti-inflammatory.
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the hemp or the cannabis plant, and by diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut MCT oil.
Why Hojicha and CBD Oil Make for the Perfect Latte
The therapeutic properties of hojicha and CBD combine to create the ultimate latte that relaxes your body and mind. Make this latte a part of your morning routine for a stress-free day, or sip on a comforting latte before bedtime as you wind down at night.
It’s as easy as adding a few drops of CBD oil to a hojicha latte prepared with your favorite type of milk. Since the naturally sweet hojicha flavor isn’t altered by most MCT based CBD oils, this latte tastes just as good when made sugar-free.
CBD Infused Hojicha Latte Recipe
- 5 grams Hojicha Classic
- 125 ml filtered water
- 1 dropper of CBD oil
- 125 ml any type of milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Add 5 grams of loose leaf hojicha into a teapot of tea infuser.
- Heat filtered water to 90°C (194°F).
- Pour 125 ml warm filtered water over the hojicha in circular motions.
- Let the hojicha steep for 30 seconds, and then remove the tea leaves.
- Add the CBD oil, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional). Stir to combine.
- Heat 125 ml of your favorite type of milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Remove the milk from the heat as soon as steam arises, and whisk or use a milk frother to create foam.
- Pour the foamed milk over the hojicha, and enjoy your latte.
Ready to try the CBD Infused Hojicha Latte? Start by ordering Hojicha Classic loose leaf tea.