How much CBD to take is one of the most frequently asked questions. Read our guide on what you need to know. For CBD Gummies is 1,000mg a Lot? It is not recommended to eat 1,000mg of CBD gummies, especially if you’ve never had them before. But, no, there’s no danger of eating 1,000mg of CBD gummies.
“How much CBD should I take?” Answering the most common CBD question
Are you interested in trying cannabidiol (CBD) but feel overwhelmed by the glut of information and marketing claims? One question we hear a lot at Populum is “How much CBD should I take?” Our best answer for this is: it depends. That might sound like a cop-out, but with CBD products — like any other part of your wellness routine — what you need versus what someone else might need depends on a variety of factors.
But that doesn’t help you understand what amount of CBD to take, especially if it’s your first time. Despite the popularity of the CBD trend, there aren’t any FDA guidelines on how much CBD oil constitutes an appropriate serving.
That being said, we have a few things for you to think about before jumping in. In this article, we’ll talk about the factors that might affect how much CBD you should take and how to understand CBD dosage in a range of CBD products.
Understanding the factors that determine your ideal dose of CBD
Before you start shopping for CBD products or reading about typical serving sizes of CBD, here are the factors you should know about that influence how much CBD you need
1. Body weight and composition
More research into the area is needed, but current medical data show that the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is responsible for interacting with CBD to produce its effects, is highly present in the body’s fat cells. If you’re using edible CBD products like gummies or hemp oil made for food, your body size and digestion plays a role in determining the proper dosage.
2. Delivery method
CBD products come in various forms including full spectrum CBD oil tinctures, CBD topicals like creams and rubs, and CBD capsules or gummies. We’ll dive into the specific differences between them in the next section.
3. Previous experience with CBD or other cannabinoids
CBD is one of the chemical compounds present in the hemp plant that binds with our body’s endocannabinoid system to change the way we feel. These compounds are called cannabinoids, and scientists are unsure what effects repeated use of CBD oil tinctures and other products will have. Some studies show that the more you are exposed to them, the higher your tolerance gets — meaning you’ll need a larger dose for the same effects. Other research indicates that the consistent use of cannabidiol does not lead to a tolerance for CBD oil.
4. Desired effects from cannabidiol
Everyone has a different reason for using CBD products. Some want to enjoy a calming effect for day-to-day use while others might only have it periodically, moisturizing their skin with a hemp lotion or stirring a CBD tincture into their coffee. Either way, if you’ve never tried CBD products before, you’ll want to start with a lower dose and work your way up to higher doses.
Know and understand all of the factors above before you start using any products so that you can determine your CBD oil dosage effectively. Once you do, you can start looking for the right form of CBD product.
Switch to Better CBD
We’re confident you’ll like us better. Try us risk-free today & get $50 towards a premium CBD oil tincture.
Which delivery method of CBD dosing is right for you?
The next step is choosing the right delivery method. Here are three of the most popular ways to consume hemp CBD.
- Edibles: These include CBD gummies, capsules and drinks: This method is often the easiest for calculating the right dosage. CBD edibles usually come in packs where a single dose is a single capsule or gummy, calculated in milligrams of CBD. Edibles are absorbed through the digestive system but typically take longer to take effect.
- CBD topicals: When hemp oil or hemp seed oil is combined with other ingredients, it creates a topical hemp lotion that can keep skin refreshed and moisturized. Some evidence exists that the endocannabinoid system is present in the skin, so choosing topicals rich in full spectrum CBD may help provide relief for joints and muscles.
- Tinctures: Tinctures come in small dropper jars of concentrated CBD oil designed to be placed under the tongue. Once there, it can be absorbed into the body through the mouth’s sublingual glands. The concentration of CBD tinctures is expressed through milligrams while the dropper will hold a certain number of milliliters of CBD oil.
Here at Populum, we offer full-spectrum hemp CBD oil tinctures in three different concentrations:
- 500mg (Most Popular)
In many ways, all of our CBD hemp oil concentrations will provide you with the same experience.
You’re getting the same quality and quantity of oil in each bottle.
The only difference is the strength of the oil. Regardless of concentration, every single batch is extracted from the highest quality hemp, grown by farmers right here in the USA. All batches are tested through the same third-party lab, and you’ll receive those results in your box. It’s then packaged at a GMP standard facility, where each offering is placed in the same 1oz bottles. The suggested serving size of 1ml is consistent across all bottles, each containing around 30 servings.
They all offer our delicious orange flavor.
When we started Populum, we found that one of the most common deterrents against trying CBD hemp oil was that people don’t enjoy taking bitter supplements. Most CBD oils have a strong earthy taste, so we worked on creating a subtle and delicious orange flavor that makes for a more pleasurable experience administering the oil every day. No matter the strength of CBD in your hemp oil, you’ll be tasting a sweet orange essence rather than dirt.
Understanding different concentrations of CBD
If you’re unfamiliar with CBD hemp oil, it can be confusing when deciding where to start. So how do you differentiate between the levels of concentration, and what’s the right choice for you?
- 250mg: This is a great option if it’s your first time trying CBD hemp oil. As the lowest concentration, the 250mg allows you to test out CBD at a safe, low dosage. The 250mg contains 8mg of CBD per serving, and many people experience the wellness benefits of CBD at this level.
- 500mg: This is our most popular offering and a great way to experiment with dosage. If you’re truly lost as to where to start, a half-serving of the 500mg will give you the same dose of CBD as our 250mg tincture, and two droppers are equivalent to a serving of the 1000mg bottle. At this level, you have plenty of room to figure out what the best level of concentration is for your needs and decide which bottle to purchase next. The 500mg contains 17mg of CBD in each serving and is a top choice among our subscribers who have established a daily regimen of CBD hemp oil.
- 1000mg: Sometimes you just need more. This is the highest concentration we offer, and it contains 33mg of CBD per serving. We don’t recommend using the 1000mg as your starting point, but we have plenty of customers who find they just aren’t getting what they need from our 500mg, and this level offers a little extra.
If you’re new to CBD: The low and slow method for dosing CBD products
The two components of this method are designed to ensure beginners have a positive experience with CBD and don’t rush into it with high doses. “Low” is a reference to the dosage — start with a lower dose until you are more familiar with CBD’s effects. “Slow” refers to the speed of consumption, meaning you should give yourself plenty of time between each dose.
Low and slow dosing examples for different CBD methods
Here are three ways you might apply the low and slow methodology:
- With edible CBD products, ingest the minimum possible dose based on the packaging. Typically this means one capsule. Wait the amount of time the manufacturer instructs before consuming additional doses.
- For CBD topicals, start with a small amount in a discrete area of your body like your arm or wrist, just as you would with any new cream or lotion. Look to the packaging for instructions on how much to use for each session, and increase the amount only after you’ve allowed some time to see how it affects you.
- For how to usetinctures of CBD oil, use the lowest possible concentration and fill the dropper halfway. Keep the oil under your tongue for at least 30 seconds before swallowing. From there, you can gradually increase the amount you put in the dropper and the number of droppers you consume until you achieve the desired effects.
While you are still getting used to the effects of CBD, it may help to record your experiences in a journal or online document. A log that includes dosage amount, time of day, and effects experienced can help you pinpoint the right amount of CBD for you. You could even use the information to create your own CBD dosage chart.
Answering the question: “How much CBD should I take?”
Again, it’s impossible to provide a one-size-fits-all recommendation for cannabidiol. The amount you need will vary based on your body, desired effects, and the specific method you use to ingest CBD.
Ultimately we want to make sure that whichever option you choose, you’re able to give it a real, honest try before you commit. At Populum, all our bottles come with a 30-day, risk-free trial. You can use your bottle for 30 days — you can even finish it — and if it just doesn’t work for you, we’ll refund your purchase, no questions asked.
What’s more, we want to make sure you have the assistance you need. From your experience as you try out different doses and all the way through your subscription decision, we make ourselves available to you when you need us. We have dedicated customer service representatives standing by who are ready to answer your email, chat, or phone call whenever you need some suggestions. This is about you and your wellness, and we’re here for you every step of the way.
Remember: The best way to determine what amount of CBD works for you is to start with a small amount and gradually increase your dosage until you reach your desired level. Want to learn more about calculating your ideal dosage of CBD? Check out our tips on dosage recommendations for CBD oil.
For CBD Gummies is 1,000mg a Lot?
It is not recommended to eat 1,000mg of CBD gummies, especially if you’ve never had them before. But, no, there’s no danger of eating 1,000mg of CBD gummies. That being said, it might be a lot depending on several other factors.
In this post, we’ll go over how much CBD gummies are safe to take and understand the amount needed based on your condition. Keep reading to find your perfect CBD gummy dose.
What Are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies are CBD-infused edibles, usually coming in assorted flavors. They’re chewy and easy to hide (if you’re at work, for example). Popular because of their delicious taste, CBD gummies have the added benefit of containing cannabinoids – potent pain and inflammation relievers. Eden’s Herbals CBD gummies are made from organic hemp, come in twelve different flavors, are dairy and gluten-free, and are free of pesticides and harmful residuals.
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is one of two primary compounds found in hemp (Cannabis sativa). While hemp’s other compound, THC, is famous for its psychedelic properties, CBD contains no mind-altering elements, making it increasingly popular. When CBD enters the bloodstream, it interacts with your ECS to decrease inflammation – the leading cause of most diseases.
CBD Gummy Benefits
1. Helps treat symptoms associated with the following diseases
CBD Gummies come in bite-size chews, making them easy to pop in your mouth and enjoy immediate benefits. There is no need to use a dropper or oil, which can sometimes be messy.
If you’re concerned about bringing CBD in public places, such as work, CBD gummies are a great option. They come in packaged formats and look like ordinary candy, making them an ideal discreet treat.
4. Gluten-Free. Dairy-Free. Non-GMO .
If you’re on a strict diet, as many are these days, CBD gummies check all the boxes. Even better, our CBD gummies are sourced from organic hemp, meaning they’re also free of pesticides and chemical solvents.
How Many 1000mg CBD Gummies Can I Eat?
You won’t find an individual CBD gummy containing 1,000mg. You will, however, find that TOTAL amount in a typical bag of CBD gummies. Our Eve’s Sour Apples Gummies , for example, contain 1,200mg of CBD per bag.
For example, during a hectic workday, you could quickly go through an entire bag of CBD gummies. But many customers enjoy sucking on the treats for a while. This helps your body metabolize the CBD better (and last longer)!
What Is the Normal Amount of CBD in Gummies?
As discussed, most CBD gummies contain around 50mg per CBD bite and 1000mg per bag. Because our CBD has no THC, there’s no concern about getting high. You will, however, benefit from the anti-inflammatory properties as much as you would with a CBD oil or salve.
Understanding CBD Dosing
It’s best to start small and work your way up for CBD dosing. Some manufacturers offer as little as 5mg of CBD edibles, which is low. As discussed, Eden’s Herbals start at 50mg because that’s a good starting amount for most painful conditions.
However, there is no “ideal” amount because many factors, from your body type to your symptoms, come into play. As always, you’ll want to tell your doctor before starting a CBD regimen and begin with the lowest dose. For example, with Eden’s Herbals, you can begin with ½ a gummy and work your way up as you start to feel better.
CBD Gummies Dosage For Your Condition
Here’s an easy to follow chart based on your body weight and condition:
- Under 125 – 11-15mg (¼ gummy)
- 125 to 200 lbs – 25-30mg (½ gummy)
- Over 200 lbs – 50-60mg (one gummy)
You’ll also want to consider tweaking your amount based on your condition. For example, consider taking your gummies at night if you have insomnia. Or, if you have both insomnia and arthritis, start your day with some gummies and take a second dose at night or add in a sleep-aid tincture along with your daytime gummies.
Can You Eat Too Many CBD Gummy Bears?
According to The World Health Organization, CBD is safe and well-tolerated. Among the leading professionals, the verdict is that CBD in very high doses is only likely to be unpleasant, such as nausea and extreme drowsiness, without any concern for death.
A 2011 study in Current Drug Safety published results that the toxic dose of CBD was around 20,000mg of CBD – and taken all at once. For you to feel concerned, that would mean twenty bags of CBD gummies eaten in one sitting.
How Do I Find The Best CBD Gummies?
The first thing to look for is a lab certificate report of the CBD products. What is a lab report? A lab report is an independent, third-party report conducted by an outside agency that confirms your CBD’s potency and purity. Eden’s Herbals, for example, has two reports on our website. They demonstrate the following:
- Our THC-Free CBD is Free of THC
- Our Full-Spectrum Oil Contains all viable cannabinoids, including 0.3% THC.
- Free of Pesticides
- Free of Chemical Solvents
When purchasing your CBD gummies, you’ll also want to check the hemp source. Ours are extracted from organic, American-made industrial hemp. Organic hemp is the cleanest source available, yielding a robust and natural flavor profile. Unlike mass-produced hemp, organic hemp is also free of heavy metals and other by-products that could potentially harm you.
Final Verdict: How Many CBD Gummies Are Safe To Take?
Once you’re comfortable with CBD, it becomes easy to tweak your doses. Listen to your body, as it were. Let it tell you what you need. After all, you have an internal cannabinoid system, the ECS, that responds directly to CBD.
For starters, simply follow the above diagram until you feel more comfortable with your dosage. You can break your gummies in half or suck on one or two throughout the day. One thing you’ll want to consider is sticking with your CBD regimen for at least 30 days. Even though some feel the effects immediately, CBD typically takes a little time to start working.
If you want to learn more about recommended dosing for CBD gummies, contact Eden’s Herbals at [email protected] today!
*These statements have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. Medical advice should be taken from a medical professional.
All of the articles on this site are written by 3rd party content providers, expert bloggers, or doctors not directly affiliated with Eden’s Herbals.
Individuals should learn the risks and side effects prior to taking CBD. Make sure to always check with a medical professional before starting any new CBD treatment or medication that is not FDA approved.