Posted on

marijuana growing license

If you want to grow cannabis and sell it in California, you will need a cultivation license. The type of cultivation license you need depends on:

Cultivation licenses

Pesticide use is enforced by DPR and county agricultural commissioners. Contact your county agricultural commissioner if you have questions about pesticides.

Use of pesticides

The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) is developing an appellations program for cannabis. Appellations are special names reserved for cannabis:

Non-volatile solvents are chemicals that do not produce a flammable gas or vapor. Examples include:

There are two cannabis event license types:

Type S: manufacturers who work in a shared-use facility

The Type 12 license is for businesses that do at least three of the following activities at one location:

Type 7 manufacturers can:

Microbusiness licenses

Infusion mixes cannabis extract or plant material with other ingredients to make a cannabis product.

Marijuana growing license

Proof of identity can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the following unexpired, valid documents:

Testing Process Flowchart

A medical marijuana transportation license will be provided with an approved grower, processor, dispensary, laboratory, research, or education license. A transportation license is in the form of a notation on the commercial license and allows an individual/entity to legally transport medical marijuana with a copy of the license.

How do I apply for a business license?

We’re switching licensing softwares soon. We recommend submitting applications that are in progress and renewal apps for licenses that will expire soon by Friday, Jan. 7. Please visit this page for more information.

A medical marijuana dispensary license allows a business to legally sell medical marijuana and medical marijuana products, including mature plants and seedlings. Licensed dispensaries can only sell to patient license holders, caregiver license holders, research license holders, and the parent or legal guardian named on a minor patient’s license. Dispensaries engaging in unlawful sales may be fined, or their licenses may be revoked. Dispensary staff may validate licenses using the OMMA Verify system. Staff may also validate the purchaser’s identity. Dispensary licenses will be in the form of a license certificate. Licensed dispensaries must comply with Title 63 O.S. § 420 et seq. and the Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 310:681.

Yes, background checks are required for all owners and officers. Please review the instructions on Commercial License Background Check Requirements prior to submitting an application. The applicant is responsible for all costs associated with the background checks.

Don’t risk your business license getting rejected. We will take you through the renewal process step by step.

  • Applicants must supply a Certificate of Compliance for their business location
  • No individual with ownership interest in the business can be a sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer or prosecuting officer, or an officer or employee of OMMA or a municipality in which the commercial entity is located
  • Applicants must supply ownership disclosure documentation
  • Applicants must provide proof of good standing from the Secretary of State (SOS) and/or their permit from the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC), if applicable, depending on the business type and business structure:

Certificate of Compliance