Scientific Name: Bromus tectorum
Family: Poaceae (True Grass Family)
Other common names: Downy Brome
Life-Cycle: Annual, that reproduces by seed and sprouts soon after snow melts and often again in the early fall.
- Cheatgrass has a very short life cycle and is a prolific seed producer.
- It is a “winter annual,” meaning it usually germinates in the fall and sprouts in the winter (often under snow) and as soon as ground is snow-free in the spring.
- It sprouts and greens-up very quickly in the early spring, flowers (yes, grasses have “flowers”), is wind or self-pollinated, and then, seeds drop and/or attach themselves to animals and people who pass by. Plants die after seeding; plants that sprout early in spring are normally dead by mid-summer.
- Cheatgrass may also sprout in the fall, flower, and set seed before winter.
- Cheatgrass seeds generally germinate when conditions are favorable, but can remain dormant in soil for several years.
Prevention & Control
See the whole “Toolbox of Weed Control Methods” for more details.
Mule Fuel is a prominent example of a terpene rich Sugarbud exclusive cultivar phenotyped from our genetic library. Strain lineage of GMO x Lurch presenting an exceptional Myrcene dominant terpene profile with strong Limonene, Pinene and Caryophyllene notes following. Full dense buds with sticky sugary green and orange hues. Savory earthy aromas, sweet floral, citrus and pronounced fuel notes. Complex and very unique. Our collection of unique strains is methodically curated to the highest standards throughout the entire growing cycle. Hand cultivated and carefully dried, each bud is then cured through our signature cold cure process.
Know Your Sugarbud
2022 © Sugarbud Craft Growers Corp. All rights reserved.
Before we can tell you about our hand-crafted, select
batch bud, we need to make sure you’re of legal age.